Carrot Cake Cookie Ingredients
- 16 Tbsp (2 Sticks) Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups – All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp – Baking Soda
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- 1 tsp – Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Cup – Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup – Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 1/2 Cup – Carrots / Grated
- 1 Cup – Raisins
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts / Chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1 Cup – Cream Cheese, soft
- 8 Tbsp (1 Stick) – Unsalted butter
- 1 Cup – Confectioner’s Sugar, sifted
- 1 Tsp – Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp – Salt
- 1/4 Tsp – Lemon Zest, grated
Carrot Cake Cookie Directions
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, gently blend the butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla on low speed until light and fluffy. About 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time scraping the bowl after each addition.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon together into a large bowl. Add the butter mixture all at once and mix on low speed until combined.
- Stir in the oats, coconut, carrots, raisins, and walnuts by hand. Chill the dough until firm. At least 30 minutes.
- While the dough is firming, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Use 1 3/4 tablespoons of dough per cookie spread out around 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown. About 12-15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheets and then transfer using a spatula to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Use a butter knife to spread a few tablespoons of frosting on half of the cooled cookies, then sandwich the cookies together.
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- In the bowl of an electronic mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese, butter, and confectioner’s sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, salt, and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Store the frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator until needed. Before using, allow to come to room temperature and beat on medium speed using a paddle attachment until light and fluffy.